I am now a certified Neurokinetic Therapist so what does it mean for you?
NeuroKinetic Therapy™ restores your body back to its proper easy and graceful movement and balance.
With NeuroKinetic Therapy™, Dysfunctional movement patterns are found and eliminated, so that functional movement is resumed.
This is accomplished by testing muscles to identify which muscles are compensating for other muscles.
Once the compensation pattern is defined, then the Compensator muscle is released, and the Compensated muscle is retrained neurologically to work correctly throughout its range of motion repeatedly.
This is a very effective way to restore pain free range of movement and reset your body to its best.
So why this is important? Normally movement memories are extremely useful and beneficial, but they can become problematic following an injury or overuse.
When one muscle is overused or strained, the body adapts by creating muscle compensations. These compensations then get stored into the Motor Control Center and can be hard to break without precise interventions.
Some conditions that NKT (Neurokinetic Therapy) can be used to help correct and heal include:
- Injuries caused by trauma or impact (such as car accidents)
- Low back pain
- Headaches/ migraines
- Neck and Jaw pain (including whiplash and TMJ)
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Injuries including strains, tears and pullls (in the shoulders, elbows, knees, ankles, wrists …)
- Bursitis and tendonitis
- Pain caused by improper form and compensations developed during athletics/ exercise
Benefits of Neurokinetic Therapy
- Reduces Muscle Tension
- Helps retrain Muscles following trauma
- Protection from future pain that returns due to old injuries
- Reduce swelling, spasming, tenderness
- Return of normal range of motion, functionality and strength
- Improve balance, posture and coordination
- Injury prevention
Check the infographic on Dr Axe website: https://draxe.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/NT-Graphic.jpg